Wednesday 9 January 2019

2019 - “New Year, New Me”

“New year, New me”

That’s what they say right? Well I believe if that gets you up in the morning and gets you reaching your goals then sure New You it is...if that’s what you weren’t doing before.

Myself on the other hand, although I had a new perspective throughout 2018 which developed even stronger at the start of winter training last October, that motto does not work for me because I am continuing my initiative into the new year and keeping the habits I have already built. These are just a few of the key things that made a change for myself this winter:
          - Organisation (I was pretty bad at organising everything, get a journal, get creative!)
          - Mindset (I used to lose my head a fair bit in training, mainly because of the high expectations. I had set myself, this time pointing out my strengths and weaknesses to know exactly what my path will be this winter, clear plan =clear mind)
          - Why (I do ask myself each winter “Why? Why am I here? Why am I doing this?” Every time the answer is because I love my job)

Speaking of the word “job” and also “work” I dislike them both because I most certainly don’t see it as that. As clique as it may sound I do find it a privilidge to go paddling everyday rather than sit at a desk staring into the computer screen! That is for sure one thing I hope to not do when I retire from paddling (which won’t be for a long time).

This is just a quick type up of what’s happened in the winter to keep me going, I have noticed such a difference in myself and I wish everyone to feel the lightness I’ve felt the past couple of months because you are just free of negative weight on your shoulders giving freedom in your mind to think about the things you want to think about.

I’d happily chat to people about it and give some insight to help anyone else who is interested! Becoming an athlete rep for the sport has opened eyes to situations that I would not have considered beforehand. Allowing me to put myself into other people’s shoes and taking a zoomed out look on things which has helped me do the same to myself giving me a bit of a different to life I guess!

Let’s hope for a special 2019! And again give me a message or leave a comment if anyone is interested in talking about this realisation further or anything else they wish for me to chat about in this blog!

New Year New Me? I guess writing blogs will be the new me (in addition to all the great things already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment